Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 75: Stop Blaming Things on Terry Gilliam; Mr. Nolan's At Fault Too

Today's photos, if I may so myself, are pretty awesome. My friend Ben and I have been playing racquetball on a fairly regular basis, though with spring break last week we've been a little off. But we did play tonight, and I was on campus early to do some reading. So I got to the racquetball court a little earlier too. I set my camera up, using my racket and goggles to prop it up at an angle. The shots below are the result.

This first one was just me standing to get a test shot (so I knew where I'd be; to make sure I was in focus, etc.).

1/25 sec. exposure at F/7.1. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

The next few that I took were at the same settings, and the shutter speed was a little slow. Needless to say, I ended up a little blurry. Oh, I forgot to mention that I was leaping. As you can see in the next photo.

1/125 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

And this one.

1/125 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

And then two more.

1/80 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

1/80 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

They all came out a little dark, so I had to adjust them in Aperture. I needed a fast shutter speed to limit the blur, but that equals darker exposures. But I still think everything came out pretty cool. I'm glad I stuck with my plan to do these. I got the idea earlier in the day, but then I felt awkward doing it with people walking by. But then I went ahead and did it anyway. So there's that. And here's this: goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment