Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 66: A Frozen Tundra

Well, not really tundra, but it was frozen. And cold. I stopped at a McDonald's to post this. I'm on my way back to school and needed a break and figured I could post. But then I couldn't find any internet places so McDonald's it is.

This will be another brief post. I apologize for the brevity lately, but I'll get back to some lengthier ones when I return to school. I went to Mentor Headlands State Park today to photograph. I wanted to get some shots of the lighthouse, but I couldn't really get close enough because parts of the beach were blocked off for the winter. Since it's still HDR week, I also shot various exposures. Although, I probably didn't really need to because it was a bright enough day that a normal exposure could have made a good shot. But I did it anyways, so whatevs.

Composited in Aperture with Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I cropped it down (there was a lot of empty sky up top) as well as giving it a panoramic-type crop too. It looks like the lighthouse is still pretty far away, but I actually was kind of close to it. Ah, cameras and lenses and your ability to distort reality.

Okay, that's it for today. Before I forget, go out tomorrow and buy the new R.E.M. CD. It's amazing. Definitely my favorite of theirs since New Adventures in Hi-Fi. See ya when I see ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment