Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 67: Bike Fence Sky. And a Little Bit of Trees

Grrrrrrreeeeeetings! And hello. Or hi. If you prefer. Sorry. I'm a little goofy tonight since there's a small amount of alcohol in my body. Not much, but it doesn't really take a whole lot for me. Which is good. But anyway. I had a fun time with some great people tonight at my second vegan dinner party (or Vegan Fest according to Ann). I made a sweet potato pot pie that ended up coming out better than I thought it would, but not terrific. Lindsay made a delicious vegetable soup; Ann made an amazing chocolate cake. And Adam made me my first gin and tonic. And now here we are. I was sad that a couple of my friends couldn't make it, but it was still a ton of fun and I look forward to the next one!

But that's not why you're here, is it? You're here for phooootos! I've got another three-into-one HDR composite for you today. I actually really like how this one came out. It was a nice day, but I spent it inside making food and cleaning. So I stepped outside for a minute and snapped this one at some different exposures to composite them. For some reason the HDR composite really made this one look better than the normal exposure. I'm not sure what it is exactly, but I really like it. I think it definitely has something to do with the way it makes the porch and sky look. And I think it also has something to do with the fact that it's what HDR is supposed to do (mimic how we "see" in real life).

Composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I'm liking doing this HDR stuff. I'm definitely going to stick with it for a few more days at least. I always thought it was something to use more for landscape/panoramic photos but I like the idea of using it for stuff like this. So we'll see. Stay tuned. And check back. Have another look. See? See? I'm gonna have some more drinks now.

No comments:

Post a Comment