Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 70: All Mixed Up, Don't Know What To Do

Wow. 70 straight days of shooting. And boy are my arms tired. And my eyes. I'm sleepy today. I think I'm taking this spring break thing a little too seriously. The break part of it, I mean. Sure, I'm getting some reading done. But that's in between naps and movies. And taking pictures of course.

Today was another really crappy, gloomy day out. But the snow was sticking to things in a good way so I wanted to try and find some good places to shoot. I drove around, but every time I found somewhere decent, it was a place that didn't have any snow. Kind of defeated the purpose. But then I lucked into this random driveway (at least, I think it was a driveway; it was in a really random spot between guardrails). I shot multiple exposures again today to composite in HDR. I noticed afterwards that, at least in these three photos, there isn't much difference that I could see between the HDR photos and the regular ones. It mostly shows in the sky parts of the photo (the branches there are more detailed and the sky isn't just white).

Here's the first.

Composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

And number two.

Composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

Aaaaand number three.

Composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I'm not sure which of the three that I like the best. I think maybe the last one, but only because I included the driveway/car tracks in the shot. It makes it less random. In other words it's not just a bunch of trees with snow--well, it is. But it's also somewhere specific. Somewhere someone else has been. I don't know. Maybe that's just me. And the second one is kind of cool because it looks like there's some kind of camera shake/motion/blur happening, but it's just the way the branches are.

Well. I know that they're not anything great, but I think today was a significantly better post than what I've been giving you all the past couple of days. I work all day tomorrow. There supposed to be a St. Patrick's Day parade in the morning, but it might get cancelled to weather. I don't know. If it's not, I might try and sneak up on the roof for a couple of quick shots of the parade from above. But if there're customers in the store that probably won't happen. And I'm sure there will be. Working parade days stinks. And so do parades. So lame. One last question: have you ever made out in dark hallways?

No comments:

Post a Comment