Sunday, March 6, 2011

Day 65: Here Kitty Kitty

Okay, well I'm finally able to post today. The hardest part of my photo adventuring was trying to find a place with internet. Scratch that, trying to find a place with internet that would let me get onto Blogger to post. My mom's place has no internet (and all of her neighbors are password protected; how dare they!); the library said that blogger.com was an inappropriate site and wouldn't let me go to it. Now I'm at my cousin's place to hop on and post.

Just one photo today, but it's an HDR, so technically it's three photos composited into one. The photo is of my mom's cat Maddie.

Composite photo in Aperture with Photomatix Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I'm not going to show each separate photo tonight. But to briefly recap: the exposures were either too bright in the window behind her (in order to make her bright enough), or too dark on her (in order to show the view from outside, but ended up making her a silhouette). So I just decided to do an HDR image to make all of those things stand out.

Which also brings me to the next theme: HDR. I bought this plug-in several weeks ago, and I think I've only used it a couple of times. So over the next week or so, I'm going to take photos to composite in HDR. I figure that this won't limit me as much as only shooting through reflective surfaces did, but it'll also let me work on a specific skill set.

Not sure what I'll photograph tomorrow. I'll still be home for most of the day and want to shoot around here, but I don't know where I'll go. It's supposed to be sunny but cold, so not sure if I can get outside. We'll see. But check back for something from Northeast Ohio. Until then, adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment