Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 55: Creepy and Cool

Happy Thursday! I worked today (and met a very nice lady who let me talk about my blog; if you're reading, it was nice to meet you and thanks for stopping by!) and miraculously thought of (found) more things to photograph while there. I was looking at my hands and thinking about how I have gross nails and hairy knuckles. So I figured, why not take some photos of my hands? Heh.

I took all of these, though, specifically thinking before hand that I wanted to output them in black and white. So I took some with my hand in front of the counter, some with my hand in front of a red tablecloth, and some with my hand in front of a green tablecloth. I wanted to see how the different color backdrops would influence how the monochrome, black and white would turn out.

This first one is the white counter below my hand. I adjusted a few things in Aperture besides putting it in black and white to make it a little bit brighter/darker in certain places.

1/40 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

And here is the red tablecloth. Ditto on the Aperture adjustments.

1/160 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 100. Flash used.
Click image for larger version.

And finally, here's the green tablecloth.

1/200 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 100. Flash used.
Click image for larger version.

A little bit later, someone bought the last few of our weird animal bookmark things. So I took the rack that they were hanging from and put it on the table in the back with the red tablecloth. Then I got a small chair and stood overtop of it. It took forever to get the circles this close to centered/concentric. My calf started cramping. Here's the result.

1/8 sec. exposure at F/7.1. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

When I first started messing around with this one, I turned the White Balance temperature way up and it made the white rack look yellow. It looked kind of cool, but I decided to just leave it as it was when I took it. The only thing I did to this photo is realigned it (it was a little crooked) and cropped it to center things better.

I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but I had 50 page views (I've been averaging about 4 or 5 per day, tops). It was pretty cool, so if you're coming back thanks for looking! And comment too! I want feedback! Plus you'll be entered into the contest! It's a win-win situation (unless you don't win the contest, but still...). Peace out, home slices.

No comments:

Post a Comment