Sunday, February 13, 2011

Day 44: West PA's Hollywood

I took a little trip, a little trip, trip west. I was a little bit annoyed. It was absolutely gorgeous out today. And by the time I got to where I wanted to take pictures it was starting to get overcast and gray. Wah wah. That's what I get for waiting.

I went to Kittanning today. For those of you that are out of the loop, several things have been filmed there in the past several years. The movies The Mothman Prophecies, My Blood Valentine 3-D, and One for the Money (the last one isn't out yet, but it's based on the Janet Evanovich books and will be starring Katherine Heigl) as well as the pilot for the TV show Justified were all shot in and around Kittanning. There's a nice walkway along the river in Kittanning and it runs right under the bridge.

1/80 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

See how overcast and gray it got? It was a beautiful sunny day, and the moon was out! I wanted to take day pictures of the moon! But nooooo. I do like the texture of the clouds in this photo though. It looks almost painted on. I was worried that it wouldn't show up in the photos, but luckily I took a few at a darker exposure and it really brought it out. That made the bridge really dark, but I just turned the shadows up in Aperture and that helped the picture turn out much better.

The next one is from below the bridge.

1/4 sec. exposure at F/11. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

I thought I had the tripod set up so it was centered, but no matter how I cropped it it was always a little off. This was the best I could get it. The pillar is off, but the bridge/girders are kind of centered. When I centered the pillar everything else was off. Grrrr. I suck. At least the first picture was okay.

I have a plan for tomorrow's photo. A theme, if you will. We'll see how it works. It's not really anything special, but it's a special day so I'm doing something special. Special.

Special. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment