Friday, February 11, 2011

Day 42: We Were Buzzing Just Like, Neon, Neon

Evening, everybuddy. Hope your Friday was as pleasant as mine. I woke up, watched the season finale of Human Target (please, please, pleeeease don't cancel this show, Fox), played some racquetball, took the first picture, played at the Book Nook (thanks to everyone that made it out tonight), ate some delicious Chinese food, took the second picture, came home, and now you're all caught up. As soon as this is typed out and posted, I'm crashing hard. Waking up for work is going to be rough tomorrow, fo sheezy.

On to the photos!

The first picture was taken from a hill high above Indiana, PA. I randomly found it, and it's got a great view (too bad the city isn't much to look at; no offense, Indiana). I'd like to get back to this spot at night or during a sunset sometime soon.

1/125 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

I cropped the photo a bit in Aperture, so the horizon line was at the top third of the frame (Rule of Thirds, people! Stick with me!). Like I said above: great view, but not a lot to look at. Or maybe there's too much to look at. I'm not really sure. I think at night or during a sunset this would be--could be--a much stronger photo.

The second photo I took while we were waiting for our food to be ready at China King (their General Tso's tofu is epic). It's of their neon sign and it's reflection (surprise, surprise) in the mirror. The only thing I don't like about the shot is the yellow sign reflecting in the mirror as well (it's from above another Chinese restaurant across the street).

1/10 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

I turned the White Balance up some in Aperture, but other than that, the picture's the same. I just really wish that stupid yellow sign wasn't showing up. This could have been a much cooler photo otherwise. Poo on you, Studen (sic) Rentals.

Prepare yourselves for tomorrow--I work. I think it's supposed to be nice though and possibly warmer, so I may try and get some photos after work before the sun sets (though, I'll probably avoid a sunset shot for tomorrow. Unless it's has astounding potential, of course). Until then, this is me signing off. *scribble scribble scribble* "off"

Get it?

No comments:

Post a Comment