Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 52: Blue Period

Monday, monday, monday. Yes, that's what day it is. I'm still continually surprised by the things I find at work to photograph that actually end up looking moderately nifty. For example, this ceiling light that is lacking a cover.

1/60 sec. exposure at F/6.3. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

Of course, I didn't take it like this. The original was the blah yellowish tone not unlike every other photo I've taken at work. The only thing I did to this photo is make it a color monochrome (blue being the color, obviously). I really like how this one came out. Very...abstract. I'm such an arteest.

Of course, then I took this next one. It's of the cash register with some receipt tape coming out from a recent transaction (though, probably not so recent by the time many of you read this). Once again, I had to make some adjustments in Aperture to get rid of the yellow bath that things get soaked in at the Book Nook. I wonder if that's how I look when I'm standing there taking people's money. Maybe that's why people look at me like I'm a weirdo....


1/40 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
Ah, commerce and capitalism. Nothing like making you even more immortal and never ending. If this picture is boring, that means it's fully capturing the life of a retail employee. It means that my "art" is finally transcending my "reality". Woo! I'm like a genius now or something.

I'm leaving now. Time to finish more school work. Make sure you leave comments for the contest! Do it! Pretty please? No? Fine. I see how it is. I'm sulking. You can't see it, but my arms are crossed, my lip is tripped, tears are forming. Is it working? Do you want to comment now? Uggghh....

No comments:

Post a Comment