Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 37: I Don't See What's So Super About Your Bowl

Happy Super Bowl Sunday! Woo! Yeah! I stopped watching a while ago! I left at the end of the third quarter to head home and 1) post this for you folks, and 2) get to bed since I have a long day tomorrow. I suppose it's common courtesy for me to share what my favorite commercial was. I really liked the one car commercial (I forget who it was for exactly) that featured a young child running around dressed up like Darth Vader. It was adorable. If you didn't catch that one, make sure you google it right now.

Now onto my show. I was over at Ben and Ashlee's for the game festivities. I took one photo of some shrimp that they had prepared before the game began.

1/13 sec. exposure at F/4. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.

I couldn't tell you what it tasted like because it's, you know, meat and stuff. But it was still an interesting photo.

Next, we started watching the game. Well, "watching" it. I spent the majority of the first half finishing my response for class. I honestly could care less about the game; I was just there for the company. But it would have been nice to just be able to hang out instead of doing work. Ah well.

The halftime show was spent both finishing my response and wanting to Van Gogh myself. Seriously, the Black Eyed Peas are crap. Total crap. It's my duty as a blogger to inform you of this. Not only are their songs terrible, but that was an extremely weak performance as well.

Aaaannyway. The last two photos are of Ben and Ashlee's dog Jaeger (I think that's how they spell it).

.5 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

.5 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.



































He was pretty hyper earlier in the evening (and also moderately afraid of the camera), but he finally settled down about halfway through the third quarter. I was using my flash earlier when he was all bouncy, but they all came out bad. He was really bright and lit, but it looked really unnatural. So when he finally chilled out a bit, I was able to just turn the ISO up and get a much better colored shot. I just turned the white balance temperature down a little bit in Aperture for both of these shots. Other than that they're not adjusted at all.

Enjoy the rest of your evenings, and be safe if you're heading home from somewhere (if you've already made it home, I'm glad you made it back okay). G'noiyt! (That was supposed to be British or Australian, I can't tell which.)

No comments:

Post a Comment