Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36: How Does THAT Happen?

Hola, mis amigos! How's your Saturdays treating you? Well, I hope. I'm here after another day at work. So I had to get creative today. Here's the first image to help set up what I did.

1/13 sec. exposure at F/4. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.
You might remember the stove top that's on the right part of this picture from my previous post. This shot was also taken through that mirror. I actually get a little nauseous looking at this one. It's just disorienting. I jumped up on the counter and got really close to the mirror and then just started taking photos. Most of them were coming out like this--neat perspectives, but nothing extraordinary. Then I glanced over at the counter and saw a neat pepper crusher/dispenser thingy. I placed it on the floor in an area with tiling, and zoomed in so that the only things visible was the floor and the pepper thingy.

1/8 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.
I really like how this one came out. I'm a little bummed that the pepper thingy is a bit blurry, but overall, a pretty cool shot, in my opinion. I love the way that mirrors help things defy gravity. By shooting through the mirror I was able to make this seem like it was coming straight out of a vertical plane.

Any-hoo, that's about it. I picked up some film and batteries for the film camera I just got. I couldn't figure out how to load the film and accidentally rewound it all the way back in the canister without using it. Awesome, right? Yes, I am a graduate student. Luckily I picked up a two-pack so I was able to figure it out with the second roll. I took a couple of photos of Molly, but obviously can't tell how they came out. I figure I'll try and take a couple of photos every now and then with that one, and then I'll get it developed and get them scanned in to share. Maybe that can be a special day when I'm stuck and couldn't shoot (though, I figured I would have certainly had a day like that already and I haven't, so who knows...). But for now, enjoy your evenings. Tomorrow's Super Bowl Sunday. I could care less about any of it, honestly. I'll be going to a friend's house to watch, so I'm sure I'll try and take some pictures during that. Maybe wait until people start getting drunk so I can share it with the world. Heh heh heh. Not really. That's inappropriate. Like your face! Ohhh snap!

No comments:

Post a Comment