Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 34: Zoooom(ed In)

Today was a work day. I took a couple of photos for an assignment that I had to do. For this mini-project thing I had to look at a photo of something and then look at a close-up photo of the same something. I'm not sharing those. Don't worry. They were just photos of two gift ribbons (one of the two of them; one zoomed in on the two of them). I haven't look at the questions I'm supposed to answer yet, but it had something to do with perspective/perception or something along those lines. I originally was going to post them on here and describe the assignment, but I didn't feel like working on it tonight.

Which brings us to today's actual photo. I found a food chopper thing. At least that's what I think it is. It's got a wood handle, and then it's just a rectangular piece of metal attached to that. I think that maybe you use it to chop vegetables and things. Who knows. Not me. I laid it flat on the counter and zoomed in on it to get the reflections from the lights above. It came out okay. Kind of abstract.
1/30 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.
I tweaked it in Aperture a bit. I tried to draw out and emphasize the two halves that showed up in the image (one darker/one lighter). Anyway. That's it. Sorry that these have been shorter lately. I hope you're still enjoying the photos. I'm still definitely enjoying doing this and am really glad I've gotten (and stayed) in the habit of taking photos everyday. Thanks for stopping by! Bye! Buy?

No comments:

Post a Comment