Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 38: Books and Nooks

It's Monday. That means work. Which means photos from the Book Nook. Hurrah... I'm not particularly pleased with either photo from today, but, for the most part, it's been a while since I've posted anything super crappy. Well, all that is about to change. Here is today's crap.


1/5 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.
 This photo has been the bane of my existence for some time now. I've taken so many versions of this picture, it's a bit ridiculous. It has so much potential to be awesome, but always ends up looking meh. I love the lines of the racks, but I can never get the right angle on the shot to make it look very good. So this is what you get today. Just go with it.


















1/50 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.
 This one was taken through the front door of the Book Nook. Again, nothing spectacular. Most of the photos that I end up not liking just don't come out the way I see them in my head. I tried taking a couple of these with the signs out of focus and the ground behind in focus, but those shots just looked like I was terrible at focusing. But these don't have enough of the detail of what's behind them. And there's too much space taken up by the dark signs with nothing to really focus on. See, at least I kind of know what I'm talking about. I may not be able to physically produce the object, but I know what's wrong with it when it doesn't come out right!

I'm off to see a wizard now. And by wizard I mean that creepy guy that stands behind the bus stop. I have no idea what I'm talking about anymore. I'm gone. Toodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment