Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 54: What's That Noise?

Before I begin, I want to make it very clear that the noise I'm referring to is noise in the photos, not noise in terms of sound. I actually very much enjoyed the sounds I heard tonight. I was invited to my buddy Matt's house. He was putting on a House Show that a few of his friends that live in Brooklyn came in to play for. It was a great time with some great people and great music.

I tried to take some photos (well, I took some, but they're not so hot) while I was there. I felt bad using my flash while they were playing, so I had to crank the ISO waaaaay up. That equals a ton of noise in the photos. But that's okay. I had fun and you get the idea of what I was trying to do.

1/5 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 6400.
Click image for larger version.

And here's one of the upright bass I took in between their sets.

1/5 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 6400.
Click image for larger version.

Okay, peeps. That about does it for today. Thanks for stopping by. Comment for the contest. Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Some of that is my fault too. We had talked about how we wanted to light the room and Jay suggested that we should use the overhead light but unscrew three of the four bulbs so just the one facing them would be lit up.
    Also, the big ugly plastic yellow vuvuzela in the bass photo is my fault too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's no problem. I asked Spiff and he said they didn't care if the flash went off, but I still felt bad using it. Thanks again for having me over though. I had a blast!

    ReplyDelete