Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 30: Sometimes It's Right In Your Own Backyard

Greetins, peeps! Did you have pleasant Sundays? Mine was pretty great. I took a trip down to Pittsburgh (Monroeville and Shadyside to be exact). I hit up a couple of bookstores, found a used copy of the Postal Service CD ("Such Great Heights" has been stuck in my head the past couple of days, so I finally picked up a copy), had a delicious lunch (brunch, actually) at Quiet Storm (probably the greatest restaurant ever, even if you're not vegan like me), and went to Whole Foods (where I picked up the Tofurkey "Pepperoni" pizza that I've been wanting to try for a long time) and finally Trader Joe's. It was fun day, but it was full. I took a few photos while in Pittsburgh, but they were pretty lame. I was bummed about that, but then I looked out the kitchen window and the sun was bright (for a change) and getting low in the sky so the tire tracks were getting some interesting texture from the shadows. Here's what I got:
1/800 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

If I was involved in anyway with the contest (I mean voting. Obviously, I take the pictures.) this would be my choice for favorite picture of the month. I love the angle of it. (Okay, complete aside here: I just finished eating the Tofurkey pizza. HOLY CRAP! It was delicious! Why did I wait so long to eat this?! It tastes like real pizza! I've made some pizzas before, but nothing like this. If you're vegan and you're looking for good pizza, this is it. I'm glad I bought two while I was down there. Back to the photos.) I love the texture of the snow. I love the color in this one. I love the small "sunburst". I'm definitely framing this one for myself. But that's just one guy's opinion! What do you think? Anyone changing their vote? For those of you that haven't voted, get with the program! Go here to see the rules, etc. Tomorrow's the last day to enter for January. Check back on Feb. 1st to see who the big winner is, and what photo they chose. But I'll see you all tomorrow before then. Qapla'!

No comments:

Post a Comment