Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 25: Really Pretty Minute

It's a late one today, but it's still happening today, so neh. I had a busy day, so I didn't have a chance to take any photos during the day. As I was leaving class tonight I was trying to figure out what I could take a picture of at night, being cloudy and dark and stuff. I pulled in at home expecting to take a random photo at home of something random. But then I was like, "Hey. Maybe I can take a picture of this?!"
2 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
I zoomed in and let the camera rest on the dash in front of the odometer, then revved the engine as the exposure was happening. The original image had a reddish glow around the odometer itself and the "arm" of the odometer wasn't solid. It took a while in Aperture, but I finally got it to be a solid block of color instead of a little block and some red and black lines. I actually really like how this one came out. The only thing that I'd maybe tweak on it is the very slight blurriness of some of the numbers (specifically 2, 3 and 4).

So.... one person has commented for the contest (Thanks, Jess!). Which means as of now she's got a heck of a chance of winning. The only way to improve your chances is to comment. So comment! And may the road rise up to meet you and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment