Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 15: Ice, Glass, and Other Things That Have Color But Aren't See Through

Well, well, well. Here we are again. The good news is, you get three photos today to help make up for only giving you all one yesterday. The bad news is, they're still not necessarily that great. I took one first thing this morning and the other two I took at work. Here's number one!
1/13 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.
When I was grabbing a bowl for cereal this morning I glanced out the kitchen window and the sun was coming up over the trees. I ran and grabbed my camera to take some shots before it got too high (and before I ended up being late for work). I kind of like how this one came out with a couple of flecks of light in the icicle. I'm not exactly sure why/how there's a circle in the sun, but I kind of like that too. Sometimes I wish I knew what I was doing more...

Today's second and third photos were taken at work today. I was messing around with several different shots today (I downloaded a HDR plug-in for Aperture, but the things I was taking in the store didn't come out that great in HDR. Stay tuned though.), but these are the two that I like the most.

The first happened almost by accident when I was on my way back to take the second. I just glanced to my right and saw a lot of different colors next to me.
1/15 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
It took some finagling to get rid of all of the letters and blacks in the image (and a little black still shows up, but... hey I'm not perfect!). These are the edges of all of the crossword/
wordsearch/
fill-in magazines that sit on the front shelf of the rack. So there's that one...

And now here's today's numba three. We have a ton of different kinds of glass bottles in the back of the store. These were on the shelf closest to the floor which meant laying down. I also moved a couple of baskets that sat behind them so that only the faux-settia's colors were in the background.
1/4 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
I kind of like this one. A little. I don't know. I've been taking so many pictures lately, I can't tell what I like and what I don't. Which is what you people are for. So come on! Comments! Feed me!

Classes start this coming week. I have a feeling that this semester is going to be crazy--much crazier than I had originally thought. So I will do my best to keep up with picture taking. I may end up having to put a couple of days together and/or share some of the photo "b-sides" of days past that were shared on that day. But we'll see. I definitely want to keep doing this every day, but I'm aware that it might not necessarily be a possibility. So bear with me until I get into the swing of things. So long, suckas.

1 comment: