Saturday, January 29, 2011

Day 29: Is It Smoky In Here, or Is That Filter Happy To See Me?

It's a late one again tonight. And I even took the photos really early today. But here we are anyways. I had to post something online for class and I just finished that. But here we are anyways. Picture time!

I was at work. Yeah. I'm running out of things to take pictures of in there. Good thing I only work three days a week now. I need to stretch that junk out, yo. I found some more bottles in the back. So I took some pictures of them. Also, I was using my new diffusion filter again. It's a strange filter because it makes everything look blurry unless you get right up in the object's business. As shown here:
1/4 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
When it's that close, you almost can't tell that I was using that filter. It's still pretty sharp, maybe just some small amount of fuzziness (a diffusion filter is supposed to give photos a softer, dreamy look. What do you think? Does this look like a dream? Yeah, I don't think so either).

As I said above, I'm running out of things to photo at work. And today I took pictures of the ceiling lights. But honestly, this picture is kind of cool.
1/40 sec. exposure at F/5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

I think it's partially due to the filter in this instance. The blurriness definitely gives this something extra. Plus the way our lights are laid out (Can something be laid out if they're on the ceiling? How does that work? Anyone?) makes it cool too.

I'm heading down to Trader Joe's in Pittsburgh tomorrow. There's some cool stuff around that area so I'll do my best to have some great photos for you tomorrow. But no promises. And don't get your hopes up. I hate disappointing people. I bet you thought you were getting out of here without me mentioning the contest. No such luck, folks. Go here and read all about it. You only have two more days to get your vote in! What are you waiting for?! Go! Bon voyage.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Brandon,

    I like the photo of the lights too. The blurriness of it makes it a pretty cool photo.

    Erik

    ReplyDelete