Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 20: I Honestly Almost Forgot...

...to post today. In the excitement that is a Thursday night featuring new episodes of Community and Parks and Recreation, I completely forgot until now that I still needed to post today. So here I am. I have two photos to share today, both of the same object, just different views of it.

The object is the number keys on the cash register at work. The first photo was taken directly above the keys at a perpendicular angle to them. I was conscious in my decision to blur the numbers on the keys. I kind of like how this photo came out actually. The only thing I was unhappy with was the shadow on the bottom third. The shadow was created by myself and the camera because of where the overhead lights were shining. I tried to shield the top half with my left hand to balance it out, but it ended up being too shaky/blurry and too dark overall.
1/6 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 400
Click image for larger version.




The second photograph, as I said, is also of the number keys on the cash register. For this one, I tried to keep it a bit more in focus and I shot from a different angle--lower and off to the right. I think what I like most about this one is the depth of the keys. They look like they are much larger than they actually are. Because of the shadowy, dark area between the keys it gives the keys a height that another angle couldn't give. But maybe that's just me tooting my own horn.

1/5 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.








That's Day 20 down. Only 345 more to go. Make sure you check back tomorrow for a special post on the end of month contest as well as some more photographies by me. We're getting dumped on with snow so it'll either end up being a walking around, adventure day or a stuck inside, what am I going to take pictures of day? Only one way to find out what happens next! See you next time on One Huuuundreeeeed Thirty Six Phooooootohs-ohs-ohs-ohs-ohs.....

No comments:

Post a Comment