Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Day 26: Snow What?

Another day, another batch of fantabulous photographies. Welcome one and all to the oft imitated, never duplicated 136 Photos blog! Although if you think about it, isn't the whole point the duplication? Hmm... Food for thought. But now, photos for thought!

I did some snow-venture again today. It was snowing a bit hard for most of the morning and afternoon, but it was a little warmer outside so it was more of a wet snow. Which means it was sticking nicely to things. I got out around 5 p.m. or so. In other words, it was starting to get dark a little. I didn't feel like traipsing back inside to get my tripod so it was a bit hard to get the shot without a little camera shake. But I also took one with the flash. It's interesting to look at the two photos next to each other. One looks like a daytime shot, the other looks like it was taken in the middle of the night. I didn't change anything for the first photo; the second photo had some brightness adjustments: I turned some things up and others down. There were a few background branches showing up ever so slightly. So I blackened the entire photo. But then the plant with snow was a bit darker too, so I ended up turning something else up and it worked out the way you see it.
.8 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.
1/10 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.











Now that I look at that first one again, I really like it. It's probably one of my favorites that I've taken so far in these first 26 days. What do you think? Is it one of yours? If so, leave a comment. You'll be entered into the contest (of which you can read details here).



I'm closing out today with one last little fun photo (what fun alliteration is!). As I was making dinner tonight, one of my roommates (Reggie) dozed off on the couch with his dog Molly (the star of Day 16's post). I couldn't resist snapping a shot of the two of them. It was just toooo precious. Awwww shucks.
.3 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 3200.
Click image for larger version.
His shirt came out a little bit grainy, but it's because I had to jack the ISO way up for this one. It was either that or use the flash, and I didn't want to wake him up. That would just be rude (and to be honest, waking him would have prevented me from being able to take a couple different shots too). That's all for today. I said that's all. Okay. You should really go. Stop reading. I'm done. Go. Leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment