Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 120: Some Clouds at Night

Funny story. I took my tripod to work with me today so that I could redo/retry what I did yesterday, but with a more stable shot. But... I forgot to charge my phone, so it died before I could take the picture. Another day, I guess.

I can't believe two things: One, that this is the end of my fourth month of shooting; two, that I still haven't skipped a day yet! I'm the man!

Now that I've raised your expectations of me a bit, let me crash them back down with today's photos (I actually don't think today's are that bad, but it's fun to make fun of me).

I dozed off while watching a movie, so I missed the sunset that I was going to try and capture. Not only did I wake up in the dark (which I hate), but I also needed to figure out what I was going to photograph today. The sky still looked kind of cool, so I went out on the porch and messed around a bit. Here are my two favorites.

.3 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

.4 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

I didn't mess with these in Aperture too much, just some exposure and contrast settings. The sky already had that really deep blue to it. I almost didn't upload that second photo. But I'm glad I did. Once I got it into Aperture, I really liked it. It messes with my head a bit.

Tomorrow is May 1st. In one week's time I'll have finished my last paper, written a short essay, wished my sister a happy birthday, and graduated with my Master's. Hopefully I'll have time (and maybe some cooperation from the weather for a change) to get out and take some snappy snaps too. Au revoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment