Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 94: I Love... Lamp

Hey. Hello. What's up?! That was me channeling Vaughn from Community, that wonderful television program that airs on Thursday nights on NBC. Now that that's out of the way.

Sorry. Awkward introduction. I feel like I've been neglecting my posts a little bit lately. For that, I also apologize. It has been a crazy few days. Crazy, but pretty good. I just finished typing out nine pages about what kind of a reader I am. It was interesting, and not necessarily in a good way.

Needless to say, I'm feeling pretty wiped out right now and the thought of taking pictures sounded even more exhausting. It's pouring down rain, and I tried to take a few photos of rain hitting my bedroom window, but they weren't coming out at all. So I had to find something in the house to photograph (I'm not leaving this late in the rain to try and take photos, silly peeps). I have a floor lamp that has a second, adjustable arm to point that light wherever you need it to be. So I turned the light on and adjusted the lamp so the light was pointing away from the camera. For being completely exhausted, I really love how this photo came out.

1/200 sec. exposure at F/6.3. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.
I didn't do anything to this. For the first time in a long while, I took something that came out exactly how I wanted it to. I think the fact that my walls already have that brownish-yellowish hue really helps this photo. All in all, I'm pretty proud of this fella here.

Oookay. Just one photo. Sorry. But at least it's a goodun. Maybe I can make it two days in a row tomorrow? We'll see. It's also supposed to rain all week, so I may be pretty limited. I guess you'll just have to stop back and find out! Ch-ch-ch-ch bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment