Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 113: A Blue Tie Affair

I figured since I'm waiting for Tiger Woods to create my face I should just go ahead and get my post out of the way for the day. Strange sentence, eh? I'm trying out my roommate Adam's copy of the new Tiger Woods '12 for PS3. One of the features uses Playstation Eye camera to capture a front and side image of your face, and it creates a computer generated one for your character. I used it in Tiger Woods '11, and it came out scary. Actually, as I just finished that last sentence it finished compositing my image. It's, uh.... less scary than last years, but I'd still run from me if that's how I really looked.

Anyways. That's not why I'm here, is it? The English Graduate Organization (EGO) had their annual conference today. I presented a paper on Terry Gilliam. I dressed in my favorite summer suit: my blue striped one, with a blue bow tie. When I got home I thought it would be fun to photograph a zoomed in view of the bow tie while I was still wearing it. Here are the two that I liked best (both were cropped down more in Aperture).

1/10 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.

1/10 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.

That second one is interesting. With my head completely cropped out, it almost looks like I put the clothes together and laid them down so it looked like someone was wearing them (but really wasn't). Strange what the absence of a head can do to a photo.

Okay. I'm off to do a little indoor golfing. C U 2 mar row.

No comments:

Post a Comment