Saturday, April 9, 2011

Day 99: The Key to Amplifying is Glassware

Today is day 99. That means tomorrow is my 100th day in a row of shooting. I feel like I need to do something special for it, but I'm not sure what. I'll think about it. For now enjoy today's photos. Yes, that's right plural. I've been so busy lately that I haven't had a chance to shoot much more than one, maybe two things. So I really kept my eyes out at work today for things that would be interesting (maybe?) to photograph.

The first one is of my keys sitting on the counter. I really like that the chain in the center is in focus and that's about it.

1/100 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

I played at the Book Nook last night for my monthly show as part of Lovin' Downtown. Of course, it was cold and rainy so no one was out so I didn't play long. I left my amp there and took this photo today.

.3 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

As I was shutting off the lights at closing, I noticed this glassware that we have back in the kitchen store. It's always been there, but there's a grouping of lights in the back that randomly stays on sometimes (I have no idea how to turn them on or off, yet sometimes they're on when I get there and stay on when I leave). The way that light was hitting the glassware and casting some shadow really made it look cool, so I grabbed my camera and took this one.

1/4 sec. exposure at F/4. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

That's 99 down. Check back tomorrow for (hopefully) something cool for day 100. I really thought I was going to slip up this past week and not take photos on one of those days, but I plowed through and, though they might not be the best pictures, took some. Soooo long!

No comments:

Post a Comment