Friday, April 29, 2011

Day 119: Pic Within a Pic

I just finished watching Star Wars Uncut. If you have a chance, I definitely recommend watching it. Especially if you're a Star Wars fan (the link to see it is here). This guy basically asked people to submit fifteen second long scenes, and then he stitched it together into the full length movie. It's really impressive.

I worked today and it's really throwing me off. I haven't worked a Friday in a while, and I keep thinking that it's Saturday. But it's not. Tomorrow is. Which means I have to work again tomorrow. Boo.

I actually got kind of creative today with the photo, but not as creative as I wanted because my tripod was at home. I took a photo with my phone and then took a photo of my camera with the image on it. For the first one I used a larger aperture (smaller number, larger opening), and it gave me this.

1/30 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

I didn't like the blurry background or the fact that the scene wasn't matching up. So I took another photo on my phone, and tried the same thing again. This time I set the smallest aperture that my camera goes to so that the background would also be in focus.

1/5 sec. exposure at F/22. ISO 1600.
Click image for larger version.

It's actually kind of a cool photo, I think. I just wish I had had my tripod so that the background wouldn't be as blurry. And I would have been able to line up the phone photo a little better. All in all still fun though.

Okay. I'm off to bed. Enjoy your Friday, world.

No comments:

Post a Comment