Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 97: They Will See Us Waving From Such Great Heights Part II; or, I'll Be Waiting For Your Phone Call, Mom

Hey! I'm posting before midnight today! You must all be so proud. Not that you can really tell in the grand scheme of things. But I know, so I feel kind of bad. I promise all of the photos have been taken the day of. I just haven't been getting around to posting until later.

I took a trip to Pittsburgh today. Quiet Storm? Check. Oh Yeah!? Check. Mt. Washington? Checkarooni. You  might remember this same vantage point from some photos that I took back in February when I first found this place. Well, tonight's were taken at, well, night this time. Definitely a different image.

2.5 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.

2 sec. exposure at F/4.5. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version. 

For that one, I turned the black point way up in Aperture, basically getting rid of any structures and only leaving the lights. I kind of like it. Especially the stuff reflecting in the water.


.4 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 400.
Click image for larger version.

Yep. That's exactly what it looks like. I'll be waiting for your phone call, Mom. I know it's coming any minute now (assuming you're reading this in the morning, of course).

All kidding aside, I'm so happy with how that came out. Sure it's kind of cheesy, and even though I can't eat cheese it doesn't mean I can't enjoy making a bit of it now and then. At least it's romantic cheese.

Okay. I'm crashin' hard and need to get to bed. Expecting rain tomorrow (of course), so we'll see what the camera gods bring for me to photograph. Adios muchachos!

No comments:

Post a Comment