Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Day 124: This Post is Dedicated to Reggie

My roommate Reggie absolutely loves spiders. They're probably his second favorite animal, right behind howler monkeys. So when he told me that there was a cool spider web out back, I thought I'd have a look-see for myself. Lucky for Reggie, there just so happened to be a spider on the web when I got there.

All of the spider parts of the photos came out a bit washed because I used my flash.  In this photo, I just decided to wash it out completely and really make the web stand out. I kind of like how it came out. They should totally use this image for poster art for the new Spider-Man movie. I'll give you the rights pretty cheap, producer!

1/100 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 200. Flash used.
Click image for larger version.

For this one, I tried to make the spider stand out a little more. Because it reflected so much light initially, I couldn't tone the brightness down enough, so it's still a little washed out. But it's slightly better, I guess.

1/100 sec. exposure at F/5.6. ISO 200. Flash used.
Click image for larger version.

Good news: I'm one short paper away from having my master's! I finished up my last big paper today. It was a doozy. We'll see how it ends up. Hooray me! Bye you!

1 comment:

  1. Actually, I'm glad you took my suggestion; these turned out very well! And honestly, after the half-tarantula-sized monstrosity I saw (and killed) last week outside, these quasi little guys don't bother me too much. As long as I don't have to see them. Because if I do, they will be dead. Good pic, though! I like the first one better I think; less to make out on the little jerk. Now if you can get a pic of the web WITHOUT the spider on it, I'll take a copy of one of those!

    ReplyDelete