Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Day 122: Drowning in a Sea of Avant-Garde Studies

I really wanted today's photograph to perfectly capture how I'm feeling at this particular moment, with the semester winding down. My first attempt at it was so-so. See below. Heh.

1.3 sec. exposure at F/10. ISO 200.
Click image for larger version.

I was going for an overwhelmed, powerless looking photo. I don't think this quite got that emotional charge. It just makes me look like I'm super studious, attacking my paper like I'm some sort of verbal ninja. I tried positioning the camera higher above me, looking down to put me in a more vulnerable position than the viewer, but (again), it doesn't quite capture how I'm feeling.

This next one, though. Yeah. Pretty spot on.

1.3. sec. exposure at F/16. ISO 800.
Click image for larger version.

That is exactly how I'm feeling right now. Granted all of those books are not for my paper (though a good six or seven are), but I needed to make the stack really high. Exaggeration is the best form of flattery. Right? Either way, I'm swamped. But hopefully this paper will be finished by this time tomorrow which will only live one little baby 5-pager to go. Keep your fingers crossed that I don't inhale too much avant-water. Ew. Bad close. Bad, bad close.

No comments:

Post a Comment