Friday, June 3, 2011

Day 154: Just Beachy

Holy guacamole! You all are getting spoiled today! I went nuts photographing today! Exclamation!

I'm back home in Ohio for the weekend, and I went to the beach as soon as I got home. Here are my favorites from my mini-adventure.

1/100 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

1/80 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

This next one is of a heron that flew by. I tried to get it when it landed, but I spooked it before I could get close enough. I like how it's silhouetted against the bright sky.

1/80 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

Photo composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I'm really happy with how this next one came out. Surprised, but pleasantly so. Once again, HDR really made this image what it is. The normal exposure image was really washed out on the top, but I was able to get a nice warm tint with the HDR. Hooray me!

Photo composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

1/200 sec. exposure at F/9. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

I also like how that seagull one came out. I saw a huge flock land, and I noticed a group of people walking towards them, so I sat down on a piece of driftwood and waited until the people spooked the gulls. Then I cropped it down in Aperture. Also, pretty happy with that one.

This last photo is also and HDR image that once again really came into itself only through merging. This is a composite of nine different exposures. There were a whole bunch of tire tracks in the sand from the ranger's carts, and I really liked the way the sun was hitting the water behind this particular one. I also cropped it into a panoramic-esque frame.

Photo composited in Aperture using Photomatix HDR Plug-In.
Click image for larger version.

I'm exhausted from this today, but I hope you enjoy looking as much I had fun taking them. Then my being pooped is totally worth it. Family picnic tomorrow, so I'm sure my photos will be from that in some capacity. I'll try my best to get them posted tomorrow night, but it may have to wait until Sunday if I can't get online. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment