Thursday, June 2, 2011

Day 153: Starry Night

Tonight was an experiment night. I'm not calling it a total failure, but it wasn't exactly a success either. It was a clear night, so I decided to try some long exposures to get some star shots. Unfortunately, our backyard isn't the best place for night photography (due to the street lamp washing everything out). Oh, and it's really hard to get things in focus when it's so dark. But doing these tonight (I'm only sharing one, though) at least showed me that these things need to be taken into consideration, so hopefully my next attempts will be much better.

50 sec. exposure at F/3.5. ISO 100.
Click image for larger version.

Not terrible for my first try, I suppose. I'm heading home to Ohio for the weekend, so the good news is that I'll have some new places to photograph. The bad news is, I might not be able to post everyday (though I will do my best). If I can't get to them, I'll post everything when I get back. Have a good one! Or two, if you'd like!

No comments:

Post a Comment